Beaphar Lactol has been specially formulated to be a replacement feed for young kittens and pups who have been orphaned. This formula is made from whey products that are easily digested. This formula resembles mammal’s milk very closely. It can be fed to new-born or weaning pups and kittens. It can also be fed to convalescing or seriously ill animals, lactating mothers and pregnant animals.
- Product type: Milk replacement formula
- Made from easily digested whey ingredients
- For orphaned kittens and pups
- Can be used as a weaning aid
- Can be fed to convalescing animals, pregnant/lactating mothers
- Feed as recommended or as directed by a vet
- Ensure it is warm and not too hot for the young one
How to Use: Add Lactol to warm water (not boiling) and stir until dissolved completely. Allow it to cool before feeding, it could come down to at least 38 degrees Celsius. Older pets may prefer it completely cold. Prepared Lactol can be stored in a refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Feed as recommended by a vet or according to chart on the box.
HUFT Tip: It is important to keep orphaned kittens and pups in warm, cosy and safe spaces. Usually their mothers and littermates cuddle together to keep them warm.