Most dogs react negatively to loud noises and fireworks. And understandably so- everything at night normally looks, sounds and smells familiar. And then suddenly, there are loud bangs, flashes of light and strange aromas for no reason at all. Here are a few tips for keeping your pet secure during Diwali fireworks:
|Most dogs are scared of fireworks|
- Make sure your pet always has a secure place to hide whenever they feel insecure. This could be under furniture etc. Make this place of comfort accessible to them. Pets feel great comfort in retiring to a familiar den which makes them feel safe.
- Walk dogs as much as possible during the day, and keep them indoors at night during fireworks time.
- At night- close windows and doors, and play soft music to muffle the sound of the fireworks.
- Make sure your pet is always in a safe, secure environment. A lot of dogs tend to run away during this time of the year in fright. It's always safer to have your pet micro-chipped or atleast have a tag with their name and your number engraved.
- If your pet shows signs of fear- ignore that behaviour so that your pet realizes that there's nothing really to worry about.
- Consider feeding your dog slightly earlier in the day, so that if they do become stressed with the loud firework noises in the evening, their eating won't be affected.
- Don't get angry or upset with your pet at this time. After all- they are experiencing a normal fear reaction, and getting upset with them will only stress them out more.
- Distract your pet- with toys or the nicest chewy you can find!
- Do note that a frightened pet can show signs of aggression- and so do not allow children and other pets to pester the frightened animal.
- Try not to react to the sound of fireworks yourself. If you jump, shout or tense up when you hear fireworks- you may make your pet's fear worse as your body language will convey that there is something to be afraid of.
- Avoid leaving your pet alone. Remember that a frightened dog is not rational.
- And remember- do provide some comfort and cuddles if your pet needs it!
Have a Happy and Safe Diwali :)
aakriti sethiadoptadopt a dogadopt a petadopt happinessadopting a stray dogadoptionadoption storiesAmazing StorybangalorebathBe kind to straysbuy dog food online indiabuy dog toys online Indiabuy online dog accessoriesCategory_Cats>Health and Well-BeingCategory_DogsCategory_Dogs>BreedsCategory_Dogs>ExerciseCategory_Dogs>Health and Well-BeingCategory_Dogs>Pet ParentingCategory_FeaturedCategory_Interviews with awesome people!Category_LOVECategory_Pets of HUFT>Lets Choose KindnessCategory_Pets of HUFT>RescueCategory_Top PostsCategory_Training MantrasCategory_UncategorizedCategory_Useful Pet InformationCatschikochoose right breedercolling tipscompassionDiwaliDiwali care for dogsdogdog adoption in IndiaDog Adoptions Indiadog and pups magazinedog caredog toysDog Trainingdog treatsdogsDogs in DiwaliexerciseFireworksfleasfosteringGroomingheads up for tailsheadsupfortailsheatheatstrokeshelp stray dogshome alonehotHUFThydrationIndian dogsIndian straysinfectioninspirational storiesjojokill sheltersKomal Bhendemonsoonmonsoon wearnew yorkPariah Dogpartnershippaws pet storePet LoversPet parentingprachi bhatnagarpuppy trainingPurvash Jharainwearrashi sanon narangRed paws SpaSadhwi SondhiSakshi Sondhisamarth narangsarasenior dogshop online for dogsShweta Khuranastray adoption storiessummer caresuntickstoysTraining MantrasvacationValentines daywater
Sale 70% Off
Title for image