We get asked all the time on good sources of buying puppies. There are hundreds and thousands of breeders in India who sell puppies- but we did want to throw light upon a few issues that you should consider. Many breeders place profit over the well being of their dogs- who are severely neglected, and act without regard to responsible breeding practices. This results in miserable dogs, and puppies with unchecked hereditary defects. Most of these puppies are sold through pet stores- through middlemen and brokers, or through newspaper ads and over the internet. Since alot of breeders are in the business to make a quick buck, they house the dogs in over crowded and unsanitary conditions without adequate veterinary care, food, water, exercise or human companionship. These dogs are often kept in tiny cages. In order to maximise litters, females are bred at every opportunity with almost no recovery time, and once they are depleted physically and cannot reproduce any more- they are severely neglected, abandoned or killed. Ofcourse not all breeders are the same- some are extremely caring and compassionate about what they do. Below are a few tips to consider when going through a breeder.So you’ve decided to welcome a new member into your family. Remember, it’s a big decision and you need to be sure before taking the big plunge. But once you and your family have made up your mind to bring home an adorable little puppy, there is no looking back.The first step in bringing home a puppy is choosing a breed that is ideal for your family. You need to do thorough research on the various breeds of dogs and their characteristics and choose one whose temperament, behavior and routine suit you. It is imperative to be sure of the breed that will blend with your lifestyle as you are looking at a long –term companion.The next step and most important one is to choose an appropriate breeder that will help you find the ideal pup for your family. There are plenty of breeders out there but choosing a good and trusted one is very important, after all the health and well- being of your puppy depends on the breeder. So here are a few important steps to bear in mind while choosing the right breeder.
- REFERRAL: Begin by asking around - Word of mouth and personal experience are the most trusted sources. Ask local veterinarians, other dog owners, pet groomers etc for the contacts and credentials of good breeders.
- VISIT THE BREEDER: You need to personally visit the place where the breeder breeds puppies to see the environment where they are being raised. Infact a good breeder will always insist that you come and see the litter. Always ensure that the surrounding is clean and hygienic as that is in direct relation with the puppy’s well - being.
- CHECK KNOWLEDGE: A good breeder will be knowledgeable about the breed you are looking for and tell you about its nature, living habits, maintenance etc. He should also be able to share the characteristics of the litter that is being shown to you.
- CHECK HEREDITARY CONDITIONS: Most importantly, you should get a detailed family history and bloodline of the dog which would include details like any hereditary conditions, nature of the parent dogs and so on. The breeder should also tell you about the vaccines and medications that the pup and parent dogs have been treated by. Obtaining the contact of the vet who has vaccinated / treated the pup is a good idea as a doctor can help give you additional information pertaining to the puppy’s health.
- WEANING PERIOD: The stage at which the puppy is being weaned is another important piece of information to be obtained from the breeder. Good breeders will wait for the mother dogs to spend time away from the puppies and naturally prepare them for weaning. A breeder who rushes into weaning is not a good option as the puppy is being deprived of nutrition. Weaning can generally begin between three - four weeks of age, and is ideally completed by about seven to eight weeks of age in ideal circumstances.
aakriti sethiadoptadopt a dogadopt a petadopt happinessadopting a stray dogadoptionadoption storiesAmazing StorybangalorebathBe kind to straysbuy dog food online indiabuy dog toys online Indiabuy online dog accessoriesCategory_Cats>Health and Well-BeingCategory_DogsCategory_Dogs>BreedsCategory_Dogs>ExerciseCategory_Dogs>Health and Well-BeingCategory_Dogs>Pet ParentingCategory_FeaturedCategory_Interviews with awesome people!Category_LOVECategory_Pets of HUFT>Lets Choose KindnessCategory_Pets of HUFT>RescueCategory_Top PostsCategory_Training MantrasCategory_UncategorizedCategory_Useful Pet InformationCatschikochoose right breedercolling tipscompassionDiwaliDiwali care for dogsdogdog adoption in IndiaDog Adoptions Indiadog and pups magazinedog caredog toysDog Trainingdog treatsdogsDogs in DiwaliexerciseFireworksfleasfosteringGroomingheads up for tailsheadsupfortailsheatheatstrokeshelp stray dogshome alonehotHUFThydrationIndian dogsIndian straysinfectioninspirational storiesjojokill sheltersKomal Bhendemonsoonmonsoon wearnew yorkPariah Dogpartnershippaws pet storePet LoversPet parentingprachi bhatnagarpuppy trainingPurvash Jharainwearrashi sanon narangRed paws SpaSadhwi SondhiSakshi Sondhisamarth narangsarasenior dogshop online for dogsShweta Khuranastray adoption storiessummer caresuntickstoysTraining MantrasvacationValentines daywater
Sale 70% Off
Title for image