- BeapharLactol Kitten Milk is a complete milk replacement feed for new-born and orphaned kittens which has saved the lives of countless young animals.
- Beaphar Lactol has a superior amino acid content and is enriched with essential vitamins and minerals, providing a perfectly balanced complete feed. Made from easily digested whey products it closely resembles natural queens milk. Ultra-filtration concentrates the proteins, and a slow drying process during production preserves the protein molecules, making it more nutritionally valuable.
- Contains DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid), which has been shown to help cognitive development and visual acuity.
- Beaphar Lactol Kitten Milk can also be used for weaning kittens, pregnant or lactating queens and sick or convalescing animals.
How to Use:
Using the scoop provided, add Beaphar Lactol Kitten Milk to warm water (allow boiled water to cool) and stir until completely dissolved. Allow to cool until lukewarm (38°C or blood temperature).
The use of proper feeding equipment is highly recommended, such as the Beaphar Feeding Set or Beaphar Feeding Syringes. These should always be clean and sterile. Beaphar Lactol can also be mixed with cold water for older cats.
Prepared Beaphar Lactol Kitten can be refrigerated for 24 hours but should be reheated to 38°C or blood temperature for young animals.
COMPLETE DIET: For un-weaned kittens. It is important to weigh young kittens on a daily basis so that you can compare their daily growth increase with the growth tables from your breeder or vet.
Recommended dilution:Add 31g (7 level scoops) to 100ml warm water.
1 litre of prepared Beaphar Lactol Kitten Milk contains approximately 1250 kcal.
Use the below table for approximate feeding guidelines. The recommended volume per day MUST be split across the recommended number of feeds per day.
|Weight||Volume Per Day||Age(Days)||Number of Feeds Per Day|
|100g (0.1kg)||50ml||2-7||6-12 (including overnight)|
|200g (0.2g)||80ml||8-21||8 (including overnight)|
|400g (0.4kg)||135ml||22-28||6-8 (including 1 overnight)|
* After the 36th day, slowly change to a more solid diet, i.e. kitten food. Beaphar Lactol can be used to assist weaning. Mix prepared Beaphar Lactol Kitten Milk with a small amount of kitten food, gradually decreasing the volume of milk and increasing the amount of solid food each day.
Complimentary feeding (in addition to their normal food): For Kittens below 6 weeks, Beaphar Lactol Kitten can be given as a complimentary feed, in addition to their mothers milk. Recommended volume = up to 40ml per kg. Weaned/weaning kittens over 6 weeks, adult cats during pregnancy or lactation, sick or convalescent: Recommended volume to feed = 13ml per kg.
Warnings: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. For animal use only.