Acana Light & Fit dog food is a special diet for overweight dogs formulated with limited carbohydrate content to promote the development of lean muscle mass. Naturally rich in all the essential nutrients your pet needs, it does away with the need for adding any supplements.
This grain-free and gluten-free diet does not contain high glycemic ingredients; instead it has veggies like whole pumpkin and squash (excellent fibre content). ACANA's Biologically Appropriate* trademark recipes are prepared in their own award winning kitchens, always using the best and freshest ingredients. These ingredients are deemed fit for human consumption.
- Food Type: Dry dog food
- For adult dogs (over 1 year old)
- Recommended for those dogs who need to lose weight
- Suitable for all breeds
- 65% free-run chicken, nest-laid eggs and wild-caught flounder and 35% fruits, vegetables and botanicals
- Grain-free - contains squash and pumpkin
- High-quality ingredients fit for human consumption
- 2/3rd of the meat is dehydrated without preservatives
- 1/3rd of the meat is fresh without preservatives
- WholePrey Ratios rich in nutrients
- Formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food.
- Nutrient Profiles
- Made in Canada
- Consult a vet before altering your pet's diet
- Always have fresh water available for your pet
- Never exceed recommended feeding quantities unless prescribed by a vet
Fresh chicken meat (16%), chicken meal (14%), turkey meal (14%), red lentils, whole green peas, pea fibre, fresh chicken giblets (liver, heart, kidney) (5%), herring meal (5%), fresh whole eggs (4%), fresh whole flounder, (4%), sun-cured alfalfa (4%), field beans (4%), green lentils, whole yellow peas, chicken fat (1%), herring oil, (1%), fresh chicken cartilage (1%), dried brown kelp, fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole parsnips, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh mustard greens, fresh turnip greens, fresh whole carrots, fresh red delicious apples, fresh Bartlett pears, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, fresh whole cranberries, fresh whole blueberries, chicory root, turmeric, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rose hips.SupplementsÃ‚Â Zinc Chelate, Vitamin E (preservative).
*ACANA's Biologically Appropriate Philosophy - Our pet dog and cat companions are descendants of wild wolves and big cats. Though they have been domesticated, anatomically, they continue to have features that are designed for a meat-based diet. To suit these biological needs, ACANA's food recipes have a large meat protein content.
HUFT Tip: Loving your dog does not mean feeding them everything they want, a fit dog will live a longer, better life. Follow the feeding guidelines of a vet to get a proper idea of how much and how often your dog needs to eat.
Every dog is different and may have different feeding needs based on the level of activity, environment and age.
Please Note:This is just an initial guide, we suggest you check with a vet for specific changes in quantity to suit your pet
Acana Light & Fit Dog Food (Available in Multiple Sizes)
Acana light and fit is a big hit with both my 8 year old pug and my 3 year old lab. It works for them especially given their tendency to put on weight. I'd recommend this to anyone trying to make your furbaby eat light!