Orijen Freeze-Dried Adult Dog Food provides 90% meat to suit your pet’s biological needs. This food goes through a special freeze-drying process. Fresh ingredients (90% meat and 10% veggies) are freeze-dried without cooking or adding preservatives. This keeps all the nutrition (and the flavour) of these fresh ingredients intact. The freeze-drying process lasts up to 18 hours to remove all traces of water and leave behind only rich, nourishing meat.
- Product type: Freeze-dried dog food
- Suitable for adult dogs
- 90% meat inclusions, 10% vegetables
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios
- Free-run chicken and turkey and wild-caught herring and flounder
- 20 servings for an 11 lb (4.98 kg) dog in each 16 oz (453.59 grams) bag
- Refrigerate leftovers immediately. If still uneaten after 3 days, please dispose
- Always have fresh water available for your pet
- Check ingredients for possible allergens
- Always check with a vet before altering your pet’s diet
Feeding Instructions: Place medallions in a clean dish and break into quarters. Add quarter cup of warm water to rehydrate (stir to speed up rehydration). This will enhance the flavours. Best served when soft throughout (this should take 3-5 mins). You can also break a medallion and sprinkle it over their meal to entice fussy eaters. Refrigerate leftovers immediately and dispose of leftovers after 3 days.
- Use this table as the initial guide only. Feed about 4% of your pet’s weight in reconstituted food daily.
- Quantities could vary for individual dogs, depending on life stage and activity levels so please double check meal sizes with your vet.
Orijen’s Biologically Appropriate™ Philosophy – Our pet dog and cat companions are descendants of wild wolves and big cats. Anatomically, they continue to have features that are designed for a meat-based diet. It is to suit these biological needs that Orijen’s food recipes have a large meat protein content. This diet takes into consideration three key points -
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios – so all nutrients are supplied naturally through the meat inclusions
- Regionally sourced meats that are prepared in-house to control quality and freshness
- Variety of meats, naturally reared to provide ample nutrition
HUFT Tip: Senior pets tend to enjoy softer and warmer food that is rich in flavour. It is an especially good idea to serve them slightly warm wet food in cold weather.
Ingredients: Chicken (ground with bone), turkey (ground with bone), whole herring, chicken liver, chicken heart, whole eggs, spinach greens, pea fiber, turkey liver, turkey heart, whole flounder, ground whole sunflower seeds, whole pumpkin, butternut squash, whole carrots, whole cranberries, whole blackberries, whole blueberries, apples, pears, plums, apricots, brown kelp, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, dandelion root, summer savory, peppermint leaf, ginger root, zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate.