When minerals collect in the bladder, they form what is known as 'bladder stones' which cause a lot of discomfort. Excess minerals encourage the formation of these crystals in the urine which in turn results in bladder stones. This diet is specifically created to avoid bladder stones and is has controlled levels of highly digestible protein. It is also low in calcium and sodium, and promotes a suitable pH level in urine. This recipe is enriched with taurine, antioxidants and L- carnitine. As a result, this food helps to reduce the risk of non-struvite stone formations and helps support healthy kidney functioning.
- Product type: Prescription diet for dogs
- To be fed on recommendation of a certified vet
- Made to prevent bladder stone formation
- Check with vet for quantities and feeding frequency to suit your individual pet
- Check for possible allergens
- Always have fresh water available for your dog
HUFT Tip: Every dog has different nutritional requirements depending on their breed, levels of activity and age. This is why it is always a good idea to run your dog's diet chart by a vet or pet nutritionist. That way you can ensure that your pet is getting all the right nutrients.