Cats and dogs can undergo significant metabolic changes when recovering from surgery, illness or injury.
While under these stressful conditions, your pet is challenged to maintain their strong natural defenses which make it even more important to feed the right food to help your pet bounce back from these tough situations.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developedÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Prescription DietÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â a/d, clinically tested nutrition specially formulated for dogs and cats recovering from a debilitative state.
Prescription DietÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â a/d is formulated with the following benefits:
- High levels of high quality and highly digestible protein and fat to meet increased energy needs
- High levels of clinically proven antioxidants to support immune system and offset oxidative stress
- Increased levels of B vitamins and zinc to support convalescence, skin recovery and natural body defenses
- Increased potassium to combat depletion
- Exceptional palatability to stimulate appetite in sick inappetent pets and encourage early feeding
- Smooth, soft, moist and thixotropic consistency (stirring makes it more liquid) for maximum flexibility in feeding - by hand, bowl, spoon, syringe or tube
HillsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Prescription DietÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â a/d is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs and cats need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how ourÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Prescription DietÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â foods can help your pet to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Individual requirements may vary depending on pre-existing nutritional status and medical condition. In patients where normal G.I. function has been compromised by anorexia, a three-day transitional feeding strategy may be necessary.
- Day One: 1/3 of daily caloric intake with 2/3 water dilution
- Day Two: 2/3 of daily caloric intake with 1/3 water dilution
- Day Three: Entire daily caloric intake
Select a feeding schedule based on the following patient criteria:
Schedule 1: Cage Rest
Schedule 2: Surgery, Sepsis, Cancer, Trauma, Fever, Feline Hepatic Lipidosis
Schedule 3: Severe Burn, Injury or Head Trauma
- The following daily intakes are intended as a guide and should be adjusted as needed to achieve or maintain optimum body weight.
- Divide into three to six equal daily feedings to minimize gastrointestinal side effects. (1 can = 150 ml.)
Water, Turkey Liver, Pork Liver, Chicken, Turkey Heart, Corn Flour, Pork Protein Isolate, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Chicken Liver Flavor, Egg Flavor, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Potassium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, Guar Gum, Taurine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Potassium Citrate, Choline Chloride, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), Magnesium Oxide, Beta-Carotene.
Great product.. comes in handy for the pup in every situation